Tuesday 13 January 2015

my last blog :(

Well this is a very sad moment indeed! My very last blog! Well all I can say is this has been a marvellous experience. It has been the only work I have actually had a motivation to get down and do, and now Iv got to go back to all the other boring coursework styles. Oh dear! Well can't make this all about me, this blog too does have to have a intellectual edge to it even though its my last one. However I shall add nothing new to frizzasellll your brains. 

This shall simply be a summary of all the major points. 

Ok well the world water situation is undergoing significant changes and it looks like it is going to continue to do so. There are large geographical differences in water stress as well as different causes as can be seen through my four little case studies. 

  • Sub Saharan Africa has demonstrated the point that climate change has impacts everywhere, but lack of development has seriously impeded its ability to adapt to this.
  •  Australia on the other hand demonstrates that although perhaps facing one of the toughest conditions to freshwater scarcity- drought( which is getting worse by climate change) it has  managed to overcome these obstacles by using substantial funds. 
  • Brazil just goes to demonstrate how easily it is to fall into conditions of water stress despite having the most freshwater.
  • Seychelles goes to demonstrate islands should not be forgotten. Although we might soon be submerged in water does not mean we don't need more.    

However all these places as with every place on Earth are influenced by climate change as well as human factors despite being to differing degrees. Hence it is no wonder it is hard to assess what plays a bigger influence. Nevertheless my verdict was still reach and that was humans has the over riding factor in determining freshwater scarcity. Although this sounds depressing it means we are even more prepared first hand to defeat freshwater scarcity- well not quite defeat it but reduce it! I know we can also do this with climate change but I feel this makes it slightly more personal. 
If we all read my lovely blog on suggestions how to do so I believe we can reduce our water footprint sufficiently to make the future world a less thirsty place. 
Looking at projections on  future on freshwater scarcity it already seems like some of the solutions will make some difference i.e, technical improvements in industrialising countries as well as in the agriculture sector. Despite this the situation is not projected to be getting better in the future apart from slight improvements, which indicate we really must be taking the whole situation a lot more seriously!
 Oh gosh I feel I am getting too big for my boots preaching here. So I'll leave now and start doing those other courseworks I've been putting off. 

Thank you to everyone who has commented on my blog, I hope my replies have been useful in some way....
and and and I really hope you have learnt as much a I have, I know my mum has!
Take care everyone. Will miss you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment